Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Let's Make

This little cupcake kitchen timer was a birthday gift last month.

My baking buddy

He's terribly cute and reliable (good qualities in anyone, right?), and was a big help in creating the mini cuppers for our June Sydney Vegan Bake Sale (we made $994.45 in four hours this time!); they need only five or six minutes, so this little guy means no more hovering in front of the oven for me.

Vanilla mini cuppers with strawberry or lemon icing

Not timer-related, but timely given the end of the FIFA World Cup on the weekend: I thought I'd post a pic of the vuvuzelas I made from fondant to top the World Cup Cakes for our bake sale. Making twenty-four of these suckers (plus a few spares) after dying the fondant was more time-consuming than I had anticipated, but they got a few laughs, and most things are worth doing for the sake of a laugh.

Fondant (white icing) vuvuzelas

No comments: