I'm playing catch-up here, but I really wanted to show these off (she wrote immodestly). They're from a couple of weeks ago, made for a birthday. I decided I wanted to top the (rum 'n' raisin) cupcakes with little aeroplanes made of fondant; also, I decided to make twenty-four cupcakes to go around. So there was nothing for it but to make twenty-four miniature aeroplanes, and I figured the best approach was to make the wings and tails first, then stick them onto (and into) each fuselage (that's a word vegan bakers use to describe the bit that isn't wings or tail). It was just like working with Fimo, except with an edible product at the end... possibly only slightly more edible than Fimo, depending on your feelings about fondant.
Anyway! — even without engines, they did turn out looking pretty much like planes.

You can definitely see the construction technique in this one. I'm bloody glad the wings didn't decide not to stick...

Production line bonus shot...
4 comments:
Clearly these are the aircraft that Gumby flies in! Very cute!
Such awesome cupcakes!
I love them, they are so cute!
All of your baking is so gorgeous, and they all look light, fluffy and delicious, too. Bring 'em to Bris!
Post a Comment